Wednesday, June 15, 2011

adventures in London

well after 3 years of actually going into London, I decided I was done with that. Not being able to sleep on a combination of 20 hours of plane rides and up all the day before I left and then up for the 10 hour lay over in London is just really hard on a girl. Know what I mean?

SO one 9 hour plane ride down, 2 train rides, and MANY elevators and escalators, I made it to my home away from home for the next 6 1/2 hours and counting. Yes, I did all of that BY MYSELF. I must say, I'm getting pretty savvy at finding my way around ridiculously big airports. Ok, I may have asked for directions a time or two, but for the most part I did it alone.

I'm not sure what you would call this room. It was described to me as a cruise ship room but as I sit on the bed and look around, I'm pretty sure the length of my body could reach both ends. Ok, I just tried it. I'm about a foot and a half off. Needless to say, I'm more in a little pod then a room. (Jodi if you're reading this, remember when we wanted to share the yotel last year?? Yeah I don't know how that would have worked out!)

I would like to comment that I watched 3 movies and listened to 2 CDs on my trip to London. It is an excellent time to catch up on all the movies that I always had good intentions of seeing but never actually did. Adjustment Bureau anyone?

Ok, I'm off to take a quick shower and a nap!

Here's to hoping the alarm clock pulls through :)

2 comments:

  1. YOU SHOWERED IN THE SEE THROUGH SHOWER? WAS IT AWESOME?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahha yes i did!! It was life changing actually.

    ReplyDelete