Sunday, February 14, 2010

our only weapon against the devil is love.

today is the day of love.

for those who are in relationships- it's one of the best days
for those who are not- it's one of the worst

for me, today was great. probably because I'm in the sweetest relationship I'll ever be in. A relationship with my Jesus :)

seriously though. Today truly has been a blessing.

after watching a documentary called Furious Love, I was reminded of how much God loves us. How much he cares for us. and then I was reminded of how much he loves the orphans, the widows, drug addicts, prostitutes, depressed, homeless, possessed, and scared. How easily we forget about those people, but God, He never will.

one of the most heart wrenching scenes for me was when a former prostitute (still a very young girl) was talking about her life. She said she felt worthless and invaluable. BUT NOW she knows that God looks at her and sees her value. That she is His daughter and her past is wiped clean! Just hearing her talk about redemption just filled my heart with joy! It is such a testament of hope in all of our lives. No matter where we've been or who we were before, God will always love us.

And then at church today we talked about the story of Isaac and Rebekah and how Rebekah wasn't chosen because of her outer beauty, but was tested to see her character. That's what it's all about. She was a woman who feared the Lord. She was tied to obedience which led her to be a woman of character. That's why she was chosen for Isaac. Because she was running after Him. She wasn't mixing with the world. Christ was number one in her life.

when He's not, that's when our lives crumble.

so I give you two challenges.

1. Put Him first. Run wholeheartedly towards God. Let Him love you and your heart wont stand a chance. It's a furious love.

2. Give love. He says in Matthew 25:40, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Those people in the documentary today, they need love too. We weren't meant to be selfish with God's love, but to pour it out abundantly.


so fill up with Christ's love
and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment