Thursday, June 18, 2009

my promise

I'm so exhausted from working. I haven't had a day off since my birthday. my feet hurt. my back hurts. my clothes kind of smell from lack of time to wash them (don't judge, you know you've been there too). I almost over slept today, but was able to wake up and get dressed and be out the door in 15 minutes. my body is telling me to stop.

why am i doing this to myself? funny you ask. When i first decided to go back to Africa, I had this desire to earn my money this year. Well i soon started sending out donation letters and that desire quickly faded and laziness set in. Wouldn't it just be easier if the money was given to me? Again, God laughed at me just a little (as He does often) and reminded me of my desire to earn the money by getting those letters lost in the mail, sent back, and a few forgotten about all together. frustrating? yes. Instead of remembering my promise to earn the money, I got angry. Was this God's way of telling me I wasn't supposed to go back? But my heart longed to be there! The passion I have for Africa is so much I can hardly contain it. In the midst of my anger, God quietly spoke to me. Remember your promise? Remember the desire you had to earn your money? I'm not going to lie, I was a bit ashamed I had forgotten.

So yes, I'm tired. Yes, I'm worn in and beat up. Yes, I smell a little. But when this is all over with, when the money is finally in, the reward will be that much sweeter.


I want to be like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpVsF4W8V2Y

No comments:

Post a Comment