Sunday, July 18, 2010

All He wants is faith.

Alright lets start from the beginning.. I warn you now.. this could end up being a long post.

Well the plane rides weren’t terrible I guess. We signed up for the kids meals instead of the regular food they serve. Best idea ever. Not only do you get served first, it was mainly just chicken and mashed potatoes. I mean who doesn’t like that? While in London we went to a friend of Maddie’s flat. Although we didn’t sleep, it was still relaxing and fun! We got to play with their baby and eat food! The second plane ride, I was determined to sleep! I ate my dinner and took my sleeping pills and waited… and waited.. and waited. 2 movies, some ipod time, and some bathroom and snack breaks I finally realized that sleep was not in my future anytime soon. By the time we landed I was definitely a little delirious. When we got to the villas I had been awake for just shy of 48 hours. I lay down on our (rock hard) bed just for a few minutes and didn’t get up for much much later. I basically slept the entire day away! But it was well worth it because I could hardly function!

After getting all rested up we had our first meeting with Greer and the rest of the Americans. It felt so good to finally be back here. Greer started talking about how the devil has tried everything he can in order to keep us away from here. When I heard that I couldn’t help but laugh. Me and mom’s week leading up to me leaving was absolutely crazy. Between our car breaking down in the middle of nowhere, tx to walking into my brother’s apt only to realize that other people had already helped themselves to some of our stuff it was all sorts of difficult. BUT through it all I finally made it.

Sunday- we woke up this morning for church. Now.. if you have never heard me talk about Zambian church or if you just have never heard about it at all, my friends, you are missing out. I will have videos when I get back. It is the most powerful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. I mean, it’s just beyond words amazing.

But first I must back up to one of my favorite verses. Matthew 28:18-20. Jesus says in the beginning of those verses that He has all authority under Heaven and earth. We have arrived here because of Him. We have come in His name. He tells us then to go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations. THAT is our purpose. When we feel inadequate to do the jobs we’re in, know that all authority is from Him. Accept this. Be ready. God is not going to waste any time. Just let Him work. Let Him flow through you and accomplish what He wants to accomplish. We are the body of Christ. Don’t get in the way of a miracle. This week believe in miracles. Today believe in miracles.

Listen. Speak. Realize. That your hands have the power to change lives because God has anointed you to be wherever it is that you are.

Ok so at church Pastor Rafael spoke. Let me tell you He has the Power of Christ in his voice. Our topic was of Abraham and Isaac. He asked us.. will you sacrifice your Isaac this time? I know I’ve written about Abraham and Isaac before, but I must share what I learned this morning. We talked mainly of sacrifice. What does that mean? If God had told Abraham to simply just give up one of his sons he would have easily chosen Ishmael. But for Abraham to give up Isaac would mean he would be giving up the one he loved. To sacrifice means to feel pain inside you. God isn’t interested in the Ishmael in your life. He wants the Isaac. He wants to see if you will sacrifice the thing that you love the very most for Him. Here is the good news, the result of your sacrifice is filled with blessings. You see, God started it all. He was the first one to sacrifice. Followed by Jesus. Followed then be Abraham. The question now is, will you be next?


All He wants is faith.

isn’t that such a good message? I loved it! Very powerful! Especially at a Zambian church


So after church we went to the market and ate at La Gondola and had some delicious pizza! The market was great! Got some good stuff. I always have to leave and assess what all I had bought because it is a little overwhelming! I made a new list of the things I still need and will get the rest next week.

THEN I GOT TO SEE KELVIN!! I just love getting to see him. He is such a joy in my life. He sat with me while we did some of the dances and before we got our new partners. Of course he isn’t allowed to be mine. I also got to see Paul who was one of my partners last year and Moses who was a helper of mine. He was wearing the a&m shirt I got him last year! How precious.

My new partner is a girl. Her name is Ezra. I really like her a lot! She is 21 and is super fun. My helper is named Pocious. I’m not really sure how old he is but he does have 6 kids!

Lets see.. we had our necklace bagging competition tonight as our ministry project and of course the BAG force one. Which means we get first in line for pizza night on tues. I will say the food so far is incredible compared to years past. Last night we had shepherds pie (aka mashed potatoes, hamburger meat, and a few carrots mixed in) and tonight was Nshima night. Can’t say it’s my favorite but it honestly has no flavor whatsoever. I ate it with the sauce (I didn’t want to ask what exactly it was) and it wasn’t too bad. I hear of this place that I think we’re going to next Saturday where you get to pick out your goat and eat it!! Yeah I know shocking that I am going to eat goat meat, but hey when in africa right?

Ps- Skye your name is Makumbi in Nyanja.

So at this point I’m sure not many more are still reading this, but if you are some prayer requests for you! Tomorrow is our first day of camp so just pray that we all have a really great connection with our partners because without that bond then camp will be really rough. Also that the kids just come ready and excited to see what the Lord has in store for them this week!

Hope all is well in the states! Love and miss you all.

Chikondi.

1 comment:

  1. Kailee!! I'm reading your blog :) Been praying for you everyday, girl. Wish I was back with you but I can't wait to hear more of what happens and see the videos! I love you.
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete