Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chipolopolo

Today was definitely a day in Zambia. Wish I could say I slept in but I was woken up around 7 by other people in my villa :( but that's ok because I finally got a shower!! (if you could really call it that... more like a hand held hose that I could rinse my hair out with) Anyways after the shower we went and said bye to the Utz family since they left today. Dad and Abigail stayed though so we're really excited about that! After we said bye we headed to the Arcades to eat at Mint!! We ate our delicious nutella pancakes. Probably one of my favorite foods of ALL TIME. I had forgotten how good they were. I really wanted to find an English to Nyanja dictionary but the bookstore only had grammar books. I guess I'll have to amazon that.

After we left the Arcades we went to the 20 and under Zambian National Soccer game!! IT was definitely an experience to remember. We started out on the sitting side which was fun. One guy was passing out balloons and he gave us some but then we saw on the other side the crowd was having a big party with instruments and everything so we switched sides. I seriously felt like a celebrity. It was so crazy. Jonathan had a GIANT Zambian flag and everybody was cheering for us so we started chanting Chipolopolo which was the name of the team. It means the bullets. When we got to the other side it was a dance party. I got some good video of it. I started feeling a little sick because people were smoking all around but it makes for a great story.

Tomorrow we have church again and then we get to meet our new partners! Can't wait to start another week! There is a good aggie crowd here this time! whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment