Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I will never stop singing tolemi totela

So today was pretty chilly. Combine that with a bad cold and you have a pretty sick little camper. That's ok though because today was a good day. I have now completed 9 of my one on one times which is so good compared to last week. A lot of my boys Kelsey has had in the past and so she came over at the end to hang out with us. My boys really started opening up today. One of my boys, Alfred, told me he lives with his aunt and uncle and has for the past 4 or 5 years. He doesn't even know why he was sent to live with them because the rest of his brothers and sisters get to live with his parents. Well his uncle just got a phone call saying that Alfred's mom is so sick that she was in the hospital and is dying. After he told me that he just hung his head down and started crying. My heart broke for this little boy. Only 11 years old and having to know the pain of death so close to him. I held him and let him cry in my arms away from the other boys. What a blessing that our theme is Nehemiah 8:10 this year. I've never had to deal with my kids having family die so recently. What an amazing opportunity for us to share the joy of the Lord is our strength!

A recap on the story of Alex from yesterday. I talked to his brother, Levy, today. He was more open about the whole situation and how sad he was, but he didn't cry. Just really be praying for that family because there was definitely some witchcraft involved with the death. I know those of you in the states don't understand the power of witchdoctors and all that, but I'll tell you something it is very much alive here. We aren't trying to convert these kids from other religions or anything, we're trying to fight the devil. Plain and simple. That's our mission here. He plays tricks too so a prayer of healing and protection for all of us little sickies over here would be very helpful!

tonight is pizza night! whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment