Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Live as you are called!

ok ok i know it's been ages. I'm sure those who used to read my blog stopped trying a long time ago. Sorry about that!

updates on life:

-I leave for Africa in 9 days. whoop!
-I have been watching the world cup so that I can be cool when I get there
-Patricia, Steph, and Mel are all married women now. crazzzzzy.
-I've been working in the FLMI office for a month now and I'm in love with it there
-living with a dog is interesting.. as much as I love her, I could do without the poop in my room.
-I decided that I want to read all of cs lewis' books.. i'm still on The Screwtape Letters. It's been a busy summer.
-I've been attending Watermark Community Church
-life is good.


"Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches." 1 Cor 7:17


I've been really convicted lately of being content with where the Lord has me NOW. Not in 5 years or 10. Not next week or next month. I'm talking about right now. God has led me to Dallas to work now. In a week and a half He is taking me to Africa. But for now I'm in an office. processing credit cards. among other things of course, but lately that is what my life consists of. I dream of numbers, constituent names, schedules, and amounts. Normally I would say that isn't a very ideal place for me to be in, but I haven't told you the best news about it yet. You see, with every schedule I create and every credit card that gets processed, one more kid is sponsored. One more kid gets food at night. One more kid gets a better education. One more kid gets medical care, clothes on their backs, and a discipleship leader teaching them about Jesus!

Now that makes it all worth it. That makes it ideal. I have a passion for my job. I have a passion for where God placed me this past month. And I know it was intentional because I finished the job I've been working on just in time. If I wasn't sent there, there would not have been enough people to finish!

"Each one should remain in the condition in which he was called. Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it. For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. So, brothers, in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God." 1 Cor 7:20-24


Don't desire or want what you don't have. God has intentionally placed you exactly where He wants you. He is going to use you just the way you are. If you are single, be single for Him. If you're still in college, let that be your mission. If you are overseas feeling alone, cling to Him.

He knows what He is doing. He has a perfect plan. It is far greater than anything we can even dream of.


So put away that 5 year plan you wrote out and live as you are called!!

No comments:

Post a Comment