Friday, July 17, 2009

Chobe Cats and K Baby

well friends, this is my last night in Victoria Falls. Definitely a bittersweet feeling. This trip has been a trip of a lifetime but I know it will only get better in the next two weeks. But it will also get a lot harder! But the Lord knows I'm ready!!

Let me start off with something I forgot to mention yesterday. At the High Tea, after we walked to the edge of the falls, we were brought back with muddy feet. The Zambians literally got on hand and foot and washed each and every one of our feet. Not just washed them, but did it with such a softness and kindness that only the Lord can give somebody. Zambians have such servant hearts. I long to have a heart like them.

ok so now on to today! It was an early day and a long day! We went on a game tour in Chobe all day long! The beginning of the tour was on boat so we got to see lots of water animals! We were literally 5 feet away from a giant croc! Not just one, but lots and lots! it was unreal! We also saw some hippos and water buffalo. Sadly my camera died right after that so I didn't get to capture the rest of the day! I was going to charge it last night but I think I packed it in my luggage that went straight to lusaka! So pray that I did and didnt leave it at home or else I wont have a camera for all of camp!! Anyways back to the game tour! After being on a boat for a while we ate lunch and then started on jeeps! We saw tons of elephants! They were so amazing! Although when they run they look a bit clumsy! ha! We also saw a pretty big cobra! it followed us when we tried to back away in our jeep slowly! We saw a couple pumbas and timons! and a zazu! (all from the lion king if you dont understand) The last thing we saw were lots of giraffes! They are so graceful and pretty! I think if I could be an animal I would pick a giraffe!

Anyways the whole day was great and the people in my jeep were just amazing! I laughed the entire day! I actually dont know if I've stopped laughing since yesterday. The friends i've made here are truly unforgettable. Especially BAG Force. Sorry you might not understand if you arent here :)

I think the biggest lesson I've learned the whole time being here is this... God is power. God is beauty. He is with you always. He is all around us. If you just sit still and be with Him, you will see Him in all His glory. I have seen Him every second of this trip. It's been the biggest blessing of my life.

Thank you all for the emails you have written! I dont have time to write back unfortunetly because this is a community computer so I have to make my time fast! This also might be my last post for a while because if I want internet at camp I have to pay and I hear it is slow so I havent decided if it is worth it. I guess you all will find out if you see a new blog in the next couple weeks!


love and miss everybody! pray for all of us as we start a new adventure at camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment