Friday, July 24, 2009

The Lord's Supper...Zambian style.

wow. talk about powerful. I've never experienced anything like it! I mean I've participated in the Lord's Supper countless times and never gave it a second thought. Today was different. Today made a difference. Today I felt God's love fill my whole body. We sat in a circle and we listened to Greer read God's intimate love letter that He wrote for us (if you've never heard it, look it up.. its a combination of different verses put together) and it's like it finally hit me the sacrifices He made for us. And I just started crying because I mean come on, he sent his only son, his perfect son who never sinned, to die for us. the sinners. Not only that, but he died a criminals death. He was hung on a tree between two thieves. Hung for all to see. An innocent man, broken. why? Because God loves us. God adores us. God wants to be with us. Jesus was broken so that we may live. It's like I ask my kids each day, could you imagine giving up the only thing you have for somebody who not only doesn't deserve it but mistreats you? No, not in a million years. But God longs to be with you. God longs for you to take His hand. Today I felt Him hugging me. Today I heard Him say "Finally my daughter, I've been waiting for you." And it was the best feeling i've ever felt. I mean don't get me wrong, i've always known He loves me, but not like this. Not this intimately and passionately. Friends, He's waiting for you too.

And then to hear all of my boys around me with their hands raised high, whispering sweet prayers. Their eyes closed so tightly proving how important those prayers needed to be said. Gosh talk about the true definition of child like faith. you hear that expression all the time, but it wasn't until now that i really see what that means. It was the most precious moment.

Today was bittersweet. I loved being the vessel for God, delivering all of the gifts to the boys! They went crazy over just the bookmark and yet they got even more! A backpack, a bible, a pencil, a postcard, a bracelet and more! but having to say bye to them again was so hard. They asked if I would be back next year and I didn't know what to tell them. Even if I wanted to, you can't just promise things like that because they will remember. ahh i hated it. Only God knows if I will ever see them again. But I just can't imagine not seeing them.

Tomorrow is going to be sooooo nice. I get to sleep in! We're going to the Arcades for lunch to a place called Mint. and then the rest of the day is just laundry and movies and cards and brownies!!

oh i forgot to mention that the bubbles were a hit! My boys had a blast trying to catch them. Some got a little confused and tried to eat them haha but we got that all sorted out.

love and miss everybody but having the time of my life here <3

No comments:

Post a Comment