Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You're running out of time.

so I haven't updated in a while but thats because I haven't really felt great the past couple days. First my throat was hurting pretty bad that when i would cough it was seriously painful. So i took some emergen-c stuff that helped a lot. well then last night i just was so sick to my stomach. I have no idea why, but i literally went to bed at about 9:15 because i just didn't have the energy to do anything else. today was much better and while i'm still coughing a little, its not so bad.

Ok so i guess i'll start with monday ha since i haven't said anything all week. We get to camp monday and me and my partner are just waiting for the kids to arrive and to be assigned. but one by one all the groups get taken. finally it's just me and and megan waiting for kids. we start looking around and really don't see any kids. they bring the binder over with the rosters and they have our rosters from last week instead of this week which basically meant that they didn't assign us new groups. We're kind of freaking out because i'm just thinking that i wont get a group this week and they had already told one girl that she wouldnt get a group until the next day. finally somebody on staff runs over and is like we need counselors! we have 2 groups of kids!! so obviously me and megan's hands shoot up and say we need kids!! so it was definitely a God thing that i was given this group for whatever reason. oh and by the way they are boys again instead of girls!


**side note.. i only have about 10 min left on my internet card so this blog may end at a random time***

so the first day was hard because since i was the last group given i had no time to get to know them like the other groups. I felt a little defeated in that because I just wanted that connection like i had with my other boys. The next day my boys were still a little quiet but all of a sudden they just opened up and started playing and having fun which was a huge blessing.

today i had the best conversation with one of my partners! His name is Moses and he is 24. He seriously is the most amazing guy ever. it's too long of a convo to say now because I now have about 4 minutes. I will update on that later.


i guess the last thing i will say is my boys were asking me questions today and first they asked if i had babies at home. um no. then they asked if i was married. no. did i at least have a boyfriend? no. i was then told that i needed to hurry because my time is running out! ha thanks boys. So they said i really needed to have kids by december at the latest. since thats not going to be happening they were very sad for me haha

time is really running out though on this internet. i'll try to buy more tomorrow. know i am safe and really not ready to leave. only 2 more full days. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment