Sunday, July 26, 2009

So much for sleeping in

well my weekend didn't start out the way I planned! I was woken up at 6:00am saturday morning to banging on our door. It took me a while to realize what it was and then all of a sudden our doorbell started going off (which by the way sounds like a million chirping birds) so I jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway and I could hear people talking outside. Well in my head I thought it was going to be the Utz's coming to say bye since they were leaving so i open the door half asleep saying Utz's! Turns out I was wrong and it was Susan coming to pick up one of the girls in our villa who was leaving that morning and she had overslept! So we help her gather her stuff together so she can catch the bus and go back to bed. I tend to have this problem that when I'm woken up, its very hard for me to fall back asleep so I layed awake in my bed for a little over an hour. Finally I fall back asleep, but around 9 our door randomly opens making a creeking noise so I wake up again. I'm obviously too lazy to get up and shut it so every time the wind would blow it would open and shut making a loud noise. After listening to that for a while I gave up and just decided to be awake.

Yesterday was good though. We went to the arcades to grab lunch and had the most delicious nutella pancake with chocolate ice cream. mmmmm! then we came back home and attempted to do laundry but couldn't find an available washer anywhere and before I knew it, it was already dinner. So we ate dinner and finally started laundry. While doing laundry we watched A Leage of Their Own and ate brownies and popcorn. It was nice and relaxing!

Today was great! We went to church this morning which was so incredibly amazing! I swear the states really need to adopt the Zambian way of church. Somebody said that there is a power in screaming and let me tell you, the zambians have found that power. The message was from Luke 4 and it fit perfectly with what me and one of the girls in my villa were talking about on the way to church. How awesome is our God!

It was pretty much freezing today so the market was kind of miserable, but I got lots of good stuff so I'm excited! After market we went to the Go Center to find out our new partners! I have a girl named Karine so I'm really excited! I'm a little nervous because I've never had girls before so its definitely going to be an experience. I just feel like I click better with guys so I'm really praying that I mesh with my girls this week!

only 5 full days left here. What a sad realization. It's going to be an intense week though. My throat is getting a little scratchy so pray that I'm not getting sick! pretty much everybody here has had some sort of illness or other so i've been pretty lucky so far although i've had a few days that I've been a little sick to my stomach but it passes quickly.

well friends, God commads us to go out and preach His word. So today, go. And when you go, don't get in the way of the miracle God has for you. I love you all and am praying for you from across the world!

1 comment:

  1. hey kailee,
    sounds like you are having lots of fuN!..don't forget to ask someone how to say my name and write it down :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete