Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He just called you funky.

well thank you everybody for your prayers. they were definitely heard!

I have to tell you last night i went to bed pretty bitter and not really wanting to be here anymore. Well I woke up around 4:30 or 5 because I kept hearing this music going off. It seriously was going off like every minute or so and it was driving me nuts! Finally I just sat up in bed determined to figure out what where it was coming from. Right when i sat up the sound stopped. So that was it. I was awake. and nobody else seemed to be bothered by it which was weird because Jodi was seriously about 2 inches from me. Finally I decided God wanted me to be awake because I didn't give Him my full attention last night because I was so focused on myself. So that's what I did for the rest of the morning until everybody else woke up. When they did I asked if they heard the sounds but nobody else seemed to know what I was talking about.

Anyways I got to camp this morning and I was greeted with a big hug from Paul! It was good to know that he really does like me! It was truly a blessing. Then the boys arrived and they all ran and jumped on me which was so great! I just love them all so much! Then when we were just singing and playing games, Kelvin came up to me to say hi which was so good to know that he was thinking of me as well. The day seemed to go very smoothly and the boys are opening up so much! At the end of the day Paul got out and danced with me which was fun and he gave me a great big hug before I left!

Also I got to talk to kelvin a bit more today and that was really nice. It was so funy because he saw my aggie ring and he thought it was an engagement ring or something ahah! he was like oh my we have so much catching up to do! Oh he also named me Chikondi which means love or lovely. So thats my new Zambian name.

Well then I shared my struggles and praises today at dinner and afterwards Greer started talking about what I was going through and it really hit home. I mean this is the stuff that I continually pray about! That God puts me in the uncomfortable so that I can grow in Him!! If he hadn't I very well may have ended this tip in a funk because nothing was different. Nothing has changed.


so overall today was a very good day. Continue to keep all of us over here in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment