Thursday, July 16, 2009

two sugars and some cream

today was the best day of my entire life. that is not an exageration my friends!


ok let me just tell you how it all started... first off mackie and andrew went microlighting this morning! if i had more money i would have done it too because it looked so amazing! you basically fly over the falls on this little kite thing with a motor! how awesome! then we went back to the zambezi and ate a light breakfast and headed on over to the bridge. when we got the bridge the power had just gone out which was a bit scary because they told us that they would just manually pull us up after we jumped! luckily for us it went back on and we didn't have to worry about that! we were going to do the package of three (bungee, swing, zipline) but we didnt end up having enough time so all we did was the bungee! it was beyond words!!! i was scared out of my mind!!

so we write down the order that we decided we wanted to bungee in (which was mackie, me, jodi, andrew) and we start getting our harnesses on and all of a sudden they are calling my name!! i was like no you mean mackie! but they kept saying no kailee! that was the beginning of my freak out because i wasn't prepared yet! i thought i still had at least one person's time left! so i'm literally about to cry.. ok so my eyes watered up.. and i keep saying no no no! but they didn't care they just kept strapping me into the equipment! let me tell you i have never experienced that kind of fear in my entire life!! seriously never. so they've finally gotten me to the edge of the bridge with my hands out and they start counting down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!! and then they pushed me off!! i have a video its probably the most hilarious thing you will ever watch. it's great! such an adrenaline rush!! i can now say i've jumped off of the 2nd highest commercial jump in the entire world! thats a pretty big accomplishment if you ask me!

we also met these really great people from london! they are about our age and the guy jumped with our group! we exchanged names so that if we ever happen to be in london again we can meet up with them! thats what has been so great about this trip is that you just become friends with everybody! it's such a great experience.


after bungee we came back to the hotel and really wanted to play with lions but we previously booked high tea and couldn't get out of it so we just ended up going to high tea. ok best decision of our lives!! it was such an amazing time! we literally walked up to the edge of the falls! like i could look down and see the bottom!! nothing was in between me and the edge!! we also visited the loo with a view! haha it was funny! oh and i found out that i like my hot tea with two sugars and some cream. very tasty!

so much stuff has happened but i cant remember the half of it! i'm having such an incredible time here and making such good friends. i feel truly blessed to be where i am!!

tomorrow is our last full day. we have a game tour that lasts for most of the day i'm told. then saturday morning at 6am we head back to lusaka on our 7 hour bus ride!! but camp will be so worth it! i can't wait!! this trip is going by way too fast!


love and miss everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment