Thursday, July 23, 2009

we see them as kids, He sees them as KINGS!!

well I am officially exhausted. (as if i wasn't before) This week has been really great. I don't want my last day to come with my boys. I will miss them soooo much! It would be so great if I could take them all home with me or at least know that they are all sponsored. Even though my partner wasn't Kelvin (who obviously set the bar very very high) I still have had an amazing experience this week. I've been so lucky how much my boys have opened up this year.

Today was a bit stressful because it was shoe day! We were one of the very last groups to get our shoes and had 30 min before we had to leave for the community! And that time included lunch! But even though I was sweating, miserably hot and a little frustrated with some of my boys wanting different shoes, it all worked out and the smiles on their faces were worth all the tears and sweat that went into the day!

After they got their shoes, we went into Kabanana, which is the community they live in. Last year I got to see their school, Tithandizane and the shops. But this year we walked more through the homes. I really wanted to take some pictures because it was truly amazing, but I didn't want to be that disrespectful american taking snaps of the place they have to live. It was incredible to watch my boys stop people walking by and using the evangecube to witness. When the day was over we ended at the CRC (Community Resource Center) and there was a little baby there whose mom had just left i guess. Anyways the little boy started running down the road so I told my boys to turn him back around so obviously he started crying and instictively I just picked him up not even thinking that I was in a different country and this baby doesnt even know me. But I guess it worked because he immediately stopped crying! I guess the african babies love me just as much as american ones :)

My boys really get a thrill of making me say words in Nyanja. They pretty much die from laughter. The taught me how to say sky so I was going to try really hard to remember it so i could tell skye her name in nyanja but I cant remember :( I will have to ask again tomorrow. I think it was something like kabwana or something. If you want to know how to say see you tomorrow it is zonanamailo. I really do wish I could understand everything they are saying. I hate that there is a language barrier. Isn't it crazy that I love them so much but hardly can even understand them? Although Gracious is really good at english. He is my little translator sometimes. Joseph is pretty good to. Some of the other boys can understand me sometimes if i talk really slow but it can't be that complicated.

tomorrow they get a backpack, bible, evangecard, bookmarks, and lots of other great things! It should be a really great day! Then we will go to the Tree of Life Village! that will be really great to see how it has progressed. and then after that we get to sleep in!!! I think that is what I'm most excited about haha! also getting to do laundry. I'm feeling very dirty but what is worse is that I'm too tired to care! oh well!

anyways the end of the week is already here. I have no idea where the time went but it has been truly great.

always remember-- Yesu Akukonda. Yesu Anikonda. God loves you. God loves me. He never stops and he never leaves.

1 comment:

  1. I'm love reading your updates! Am praying God shows Himself to you in a new and mighty way on this trip!
    God BLESS you!
    Jeanie & Karl
    Gig'em!

    ReplyDelete